- Each bolus contains:
- Albendazole ………………………….2500 mg
- INDICATIONS: Alvenax is Albendazole, an anthelmintic belonging to benzimidazole group and active against most nematode & some cestode worms including tapeworms and adult fluke. Alvenax has an influence on the uptake of glucose and can affect glycogen metabolism. This action is noticeable in the intestinal cells; other parasites are unable to absorb nutrients so that the parasite is eventually starved of glycogen. Albendazole, because of its slower metabolism, have a more prolong effect on the helminthes & this increases the possibility of glycogen starvation of parasites.
- ADMINISTRATION & DOSAGE :
- Liver fluke: One Bolus for 250 kg body weight
- Gastro intestinal round and tape worms:
- One Bolus for 333 kg body weight
- Pack Size: Pack of 5’s, 10’s, & 50’s