- Each vial contains:
- Ceftriaxone Sodium + Lignocaine HCl
250 mg, 500mg and 1gm
- Abdominal infection
- Infection in patients with impaired defense mechanism
- Renal and UTI
- Genital infections including gonorrhea
- Preparative prophylaxis of infection
- Adults and children over 12 years: the usual dose is 1-2gm once daily (every 24 houra)
- In severe & moderate cases of infections caused by organisms , dosage may be raised to 4gm, administered once daily.
- For infants and children (three weeks to 12 years)
- A daily dose of 20-80mg /kg
- For the children with body weight 5.0 kg or more, the usual adult dose should be used; intravenous dose of 50 mg or more per kg should be given by infusion over at least 30 minutes.
- Elderly patients
- The dosage recommended for adults no modification.
- Duration of therapyThe duration of therapy varies according to course of disease . In general Rocetrax should be continued for a minimum of 48-72 hours. In bacterial maningitis in infants and children , the treatment begins with dose of 100mg/kg (not to exceed 4g) once daily.
- Neisseria meningitis 4 days
- Haemophilus Influenza 6 days
- Streptococcus pneumonia 7 days
- Susceptible Enterobacteriaceae 10-14 days
- Gonorrhoea:- For the treatment of Gonorrhoea, using I.M/I.V. dosage of 250mg Rocetrax is recommended.
- Direction for use:– Reconstituted solution retains its physical and chemical stability for 6 hours at room temperature (for 24 hours at 50c). As a general rule, however, the solution should be use immediately after preparation.
- Intramuscular Injection:- For I.V injection Rocetrax 0.25 or 0.5mg is dissolve in 2ml and Rocetrax 1gm in 3.5ml of 1% lignocaine solution and administered by deep intraglutial injection. It is recommended that not more than 1.0 gm be injected on either side. The lignocaine solution must never be administered intravenously.
- Intravenously:– For I.V injection Rocetrax 0.25 or 0.5gm is dissolved in 5ml and Rocetrax 1.0 gm in 10ml of sterile water for injection and then administered by I.V injection lasting two to four minutes.
- Contraindication:-Rocetrax is contraindicated in patients with known hypersensitivity to the cephalosporin class of antibiotics. In patients hypersensitive to penicillin. the possibility of allergic cross reactions should be borne in mind.
- Precaution:- As with other cephalosporins, anaphylactic shock can not be ruled out even if a through patient history is taken, anaphylactic shock required immediate counter measures such as I.V epinephrine followed by glucocorticoid.
- Undesirable effects:– Systemic side effects include gastrointestinal complaints, Hematological changes, skin reaction, headache, dizziness, intramuscular injection without lidocaine solution is painful.
- Interactions:- No impairment of renal function has so far been observed after administration of large doses of Rocetrax. No evidence of increased renal toxicity after the use of Rocetrax.
- Storage:– Store below 25 Â°C at cool and dry place.
- Dosage forms and packs:
- Pack for I.M injection:- Containing 1 vial with dry substance equivalent to 0.25g, to 0.5g or 1gm Ceftriaxone and 1 ampule 2ml or 3ml of 1 % lidocaine solution.
- Pack for I.V injection:- Containing 1 vial with dry substance equivalent to 0.25g, to 0.5g or 1gm Ceftriaxone and 1 ampule 2ml or 3ml of 1 % lidocaine solution.